HIV screening test
- Mail-in kits for home use
- Test in just 5 minutes
- Lab results in 2-5 days
- 100% pain free
- Free physician consultation for positives
- Free 2-Day shipping
Temporarily unavailable in NY state.
About HIV Home Test
Don’t go to the lab, have the lab come to you with our myLAB Box easy and convenient at home HIV test! Screen from the comfort of home with results in 2-5 days. Know your status with just a prick on the finger, no awkward conversations, no hassle.
Kits included: 1 (one) mail-in kit testing for HIV-1 and HIV-2
Tests for: Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV). Results are obtained using a Combo Antigen/Antibody ELISA for the qualitative detection of HIV p24 antigen and antibodies to HIV type 1 (HIV-1 groups M and O) and HIV type 2 (HIV-2) in human blood.
- Mail-in test kit for the detection of antibodies to HIV-1 and HIV-2
- Over 99.9% accuracy and as reliable as tests used by doctors and hospitals
- Uses FDA approved technology
- Discreet and fast, results available online in 2-5 days
- Two-way postage and lab service fees included
- FSA and HSA payments eligible
- Free telemedicine physician consultations if you test positive
Who should have an HIV test?
The CDC recommends that screening for HIV should be performed routinely for all individuals aged 13-64.
Why is a blood spot test better than oral fluid?
The myLAB Box at-home HIV test service uses a self-collected finger stick blood mailed to a qualified lab. According to the CDC, blood based testing finds infection earlier than testing using oral fluid; Up to 1 in 12 infected people may test false-negative with tests that use oral fluid.
For more information about HIV visit the CDC website.
The myLAB Box at-home HIV test system
- You are in control – The myLAB Box telemedicine HIV counseling and testing service is designed for use directly by consumers.
- Accurate – Clinically proven to be over 99.9% accurate. Testing with blood provides greater accuracy than testing with oral fluid because blood contains higher levels of antibodies (Lancet Infectious Diseases 2012; 12:373-380). In clinical trials, the myLAB Box at-home HIV test system was 100% sensitive and 100% specific.
- Discreet – You can test and receive results from home or on the go without the need to drive to a clinic or visit a doctor’s office.
- Telemedicine – Access to professional STD councilors and physicians in your state via telemedicine is free of charge if you test positive using our service.
- Timely – Your results are available 2-5 days after you mail back your sample (excluding weekends and holidays).
- Easy – A non-invasive, simple fingerstick sample is all that is needed
How our at-home HIV test works
Besides being fast, convenient and accurate, the myLAB Box at-home HIV test system is easy to use. Each test kit comes with detailed instructions and illustrations.
Throughout the testing process, professionally trained counselors are available to provide assistance and to answer your questions.
To protect your privacy, the entire test and consultation can be conducted from home.
You begin by purchasing an at-home HIV test kit from our website or our many partners. Expect it to arrive at your doorstep within 2-5 days in a discreet package.
Collect your sample
Using the retractable safety lancet provided, you prick your fingertip and place drops of blood on the blood specimen card included in the test kit. You only need enough blood to fill a circle the size of a dime.
Ship it back
Your blood sample is protected by an enclosed weather resistant protective pouch which is placed in a self-addressed, pre-paid shipping envelope (included). Your sample is shipped directly to an accredited laboratory.
myLAB Box tests your sample via our CLIA (Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act) certified laboratory partners. Many of the individual components of our tests are FDA cleared and all tests have been fully validated according to state and federal guidelines (which include CLIA and College of American Pathologists (CAP) standards). Our laboratory only uses the most current methods that are proven to have the highest level of accuracy for clinical diagnostic testing. At the laboratory, your blood sample is tested by experienced technicians using the exact same test ordered by doctors’ offices, hospitals and clinics, ensuring greater than 99.9% accuracy.
Check your results
The results of your HIV test will be available in your HIPAA secure online account within 2-5 days from mailing back your sample to us. You can easily download a written copy of your lab-certified results by clicking on the “Download” button next to your test result.
You can receive post-test counseling by sending a request to email@example.com. IF you test positive using the myLAB Box at-home HIV test service, your telemedicine physician consultation is completely free of charge.